RSS

March, 2014

B,

You're staying with Grandma tonight and I'm missing you. It's so weird to not have you around. To not hear your laugh or put you to bed. I can't believe how much my life has changed in the last two years. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

They say that two year olds go through the terrible twos, but honestly you are an easy going kid. You are so funny and smart. I really can't believe how smart you are - you must get it from your dad - but your language skills are exceptional. You can carry on a whole conversation and repeat almost any word. And you are so curious - you must get that from me - but you always want to know how things work and why they work.

But the best hing about you - and my soft spot - is your laugh. I wish I could bottle your laugh. Especially when you start snorting. It's such a carefree thing and every time I hear it I smile. You laugh a lot and I am so grateful for that.

A friend of mine recently lost her son. He was 19 and in a car accident that left him brain dead. All I could think about is what if that was you? What if something were to happen to you? and honestly - I'm not sure I would be able to go on. I look at you and I see my future. I see my teenage son bringing home his girlfriend for prom, graduations, weddings, and grandkids. I can't imagine what she's going through - but I can tell you this - it makes me hug you just a little tighter.

Sometimes when I look at you I get so full of love that I think I may bust. There is nothing like it. It may come from hearing you say "mommy" or from a smile, or a kiss, or a hug or just a moment where you are so YOU and I almost can't breathe with the amount of love that overcomes me.

I know that every age will have it's challenge, but you bug are the best thing I could ever do, and please know that I love you (to the moon and back).

Love you always,

Mommy

0 comments: